The New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act sets out certain guarantees goods have to meet. It specifies rights and remedies available to you if our goods fail to meet one or more of these guarantees. Bathroom Clearance Depot, its warranties, and its terms of sale will comply with all requirements of the Consumer Guarantees Act.
"When things go wrong, we’ll do our best to right them no matter who is at fault."
Bathroom Clearance Depot offers a standard 12-month warranty on most items excluding circumstances and items noted under Warranty Limitations. We will repair, replace or refund the item depending on how serious the fault is. The warranty only covers damage to the item and may not cover consequential losses or costs.
- Bathroom Clearance Depot offers an easy return policy with money back.
- Spare/replacement parts are often replaced free or very low cost if you’ve damaged/misplaced them and even if the warranty time period has expired.
- When installation of replacement parts is a minor, simple task or does not require a professional service person, we may ask for you to install these yourself.
The standard and extended warranty do not cover:
- Normal wear and tear
- Misuse of a product and/or use for which it was not designed
- Neglect, deliberate damage, failure to care for or maintain the product in an acceptable manner
- Unauthorised repairs or modifications
- Minor imperfections not affecting performance or decorative value
- Damage caused after removal and reinstallation, for example when moving house
- Installation by persons not qualified to perform them. For example, a gas stove must be installed by a qualified gas technician.
The warranty is for personal or household use only. It excludes commercial/industrial, rental property and item rental use.
Limited Warranty Claim Costs/Fees
- Free warranty areas include homes in central city suburbs/areas of Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Mt Maunganui, Wellington and Nelson (excluding outlining areas and Islands).
In these areas, Bathroom Clearance Depot will endeavour to repair, replace or service your warranty claim within a 10 business day working period.
- In other areas, a travel surcharge and callout fees will apply which will be waived in a return-to-base situation.
- Items to be serviced/inspected must be in a suitable (thoroughly clean) condition otherwise costs of cleaning and repair preparation may apply.
Unauthorised Repairs / Repairers
Repairs and repairers must be authorised by Bathroom Clearance Depot otherwise their repair costs may not be covered in full by warranty. The amount covered will be assessed by Bathroom Clearance Depot
Installation Workmanship and Materials
Installations and workmanship not carried out by personnel authorised by Bathroom Clearance Depot are excluded by the provisions of this warranty. Please ensure you obtain a comprehensive written warranty from your tradesman for all materials and workmanship completed and keep a copy of quotes, invoices, warranties and all correspondence.
All goods must be installed, serviced and/or operated by a qualified experienced tradesperson.
- Installations must comply with industry standards and normal practices including pre-installation inspection and checking and post-installation testing of all functions for failure. Failure to comprehensively inspect for defects/flaws before installation (and on immediate arrival) can in some circumstances limit your claim under the company warranty. This is due to the company not having control/care or custody of the product.
- Sanitary, Plumbing and Drainage items must be installed by a registered industry professional.
- Electrical Installations must be undertaken by a licensed electrical worker and a Certificate of Compliance or Electrical Safety Certificate (including Registration / Practicing licence number) may be required.
Consequential loss, installation and costs are generally not covered by warranty
Bathroom Clearance Depot will not meet the costs of tradesmen, services, penalties or any other losses/costs whatsoever caused by any event/failure including time-to-time lateness, errors and damaged parts.
Installation without pre-inspection for visible faults and for correct items/parts supply
Failure to comprehensively inspect for defects/flaws/correct items/in-full before installation (and on immediate arrival) can in some circumstances limit your claim under the company warranty. This is due to the company not having control/care or custody of the product after that time.
Warranties are not transferable beyond the original purchaser.